- +Main Categories
- +Health & Safety (5)
- Occupational safety & industrial hygiene (0)
- Machinery (1)
- Domestic (0)
- Noise; human beings (0)
- Vibration & shock; human beings (0)
- Ergonomics (0)
- Accident & disaster control (0)
- +Fire Protection (0)
- Explosion protection (0)
- Excessive pressure protection (0)
- Electric shock protection & live working (0)
- Radiation protection (0)
- Protection against dangerous goods (2)
- Crime protection (1)
- Alarm & warning systems (0)
- +Protective equipment (2)
This British Standard gives recommendations for the management, staffing and operation of an organization providing security guarding (see Annex A) services on a static site and/or mobile patrol basis.
This British Standard does not apply to all security services, for example cash‑in‑transit services, secure parcel services, keyholding and response services, door supervisors, close protection services, event stewarding and the management and operation of closed‑circuit television (CCTV).
NOTE Recommendations for cash‑in‑transit services, CCTV, door supervisors, keyholding and response services and event stewarding are given in BS 7872, BS 7958, BS 7960, BS 7984 and BS 8406 respectively.