- +Main Categories
- +Engineering (12)
- +Mechanical systems & components (0)
- +Fluid systems & components (5)
- +Manufacturing engineering (0)
- +Energy & heat transfer engineering (1)
- +Electrical engineering (0)
- +Electronics (0)
- +Road vehicles engineering (0)
- +Railway engineering (1)
- General (0)
- Materials & components (0)
- Railway rolling stock (0)
- Rails & railway components (0)
- Cableway equipment (1)
- Railway/cableway construction & maintenance equipment (0)
- +Shipbuilding & marine structures (0)
- +Aircraft & space vehicle engineering (3)
- +Materials handling equipment (2)
- +Military engineering (0)
This European Standard specifies the safety requirements applicable to civil engineering works for installations for cableway installations designed to carry persons. In doing so, the various types of cableway installations and their environment are taken into consideration.
It includes requirements relating to the prevention of accidents and the protection of workers, notwithstanding the application of national regulations.
National regulations of a building regulations or federal / state regulations nature or which serve to protect particular groups of people remain unaffected.
It does not apply to cableway installations for transportation of goods nor to lifts.
This European Standard is applicable to:
— new cableway installations designed to carry persons;
— alterations to existing cableway installations, as far as the safety of civil engineering works or parts of them is involved and no contrary specifications apply.