- +Main Categories
- +Manufacturing (53)
- +Precision mechanics (1)
- +Packaging & distribution (5)
- +Textile & leather technology (7)
- +Clothing industry (0)
- +Chemical technology (3)
- +Mining & minerals (0)
- +Petroleum & related technologies (16)
- Extraction & processing of petroleum & natural gas (0)
- Crude petroleum (0)
- Natural gas (1)
- General (1)
- Lubricants, industrial oils & related products (0)
- Hydraulic fluids (0)
- Waxes, bituminous materials & other petroleum products (0)
- Fuels (11)
- Petroleum & natural gas industries equipment (2)
- Petroleum products & natural gas handling equipment (1)
- +Metallurgy (9)
- +Wood technology (1)
- +Glass & ceramics industries (0)
- +Rubber & plastic industries (10)
- +Paper technology (0)
- +Paint & colour industries (2)
This European Standard specifies a method based on inductively coupled plasma optical emission spectrometry (ICP OES) for the determination of manganese content present as methylcyclopentadienyl manganese tricarbonyl (MMT 1)) and of iron content present as ferocene, each from about 0,5 mg/l to about 7,0 mg/l in distillate fuels including those containing up to about 10 % (V/V) fatty acid methylester (FAME).
WARNING — The use of this European Standard may involve hazardous materials, operations and equipment. This European Standard does not purport to address all of the safety problems associated with its use. It is the responsibility of the user of this European Standard to establish appropriate safety and health practices and to determine the applicability of regulatory limitations prior to use.
NOTE 1 Manganese and iron contents higher than 7,0 mg/l can be measured after preliminary dilution of the sample with a suitable solvent. However, the precision has not been established for such a procedure.
NOTE 2 For the purposes of this European Standard, the term “% (V/V)” is used to represent the volume fraction (φ) of a material.
1) MMT is a registered trademark of Ethyl Corporation.